Okay, may I preface this by saying that this is just my opinion. I also want to state that I'm looking forward to seeing Twilight. I think it looks good and I really liked the book. The first book was actually my favorite out of the four and I think the last book was a big fat waste of my time but don't even get me started. So, I really am a fan but...
Yesterday I was going through some of the comments on a recent blog post from cjane. It's a blog I'm sure many of you know about and I've enjoyed reading her blog as well as that of her sister (Stephanie Nielson). It's always remarkable to me to see how many people have been affected by their situation and have been inspired by them, me included. As I was looking through the comments I read one that said "Chrisian is the new Edward." I was floored. Really? This woman, who I am sure wrote that meaning only very good things, but nevertheless is comparing a burn victim whose life and the lives of his wife, children and extended families have been turned upside down to a fictional vampire character from a book. Anyone who reads Nie Nie dialogues or articles where Christian Nielson talks about his wife can't help but know that here is a man who truly and deeply loves his wife and how wonderful that is. Who doesn't want our loved ones to talk about us in the same way? However, he's a real person, whom we don't even really know, going through something impossible for most to understand. I just thought it was offensive to compare such a fictitious character to a human being under such circumstances. BUT THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION AND I HOPE WE CAN STILL BE FRIENDS.
(p.s. I realize that in part I I'm comparing Kelly to Edward but that's just for jokes and giggles)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow I am always so behind on all your great blogs. I loved the stories about all the Santa questions. So I am wondering did you go and see Twilight yet? And what did you think of the movie? I want to see the movie and I read the books but I am not into it as much as some of our friends I think.
Post a Comment