Monday, November 10, 2008
Which Do You Prefer?
Lilly, Lilly, Lilly...she has definitely been testing my patience today. Oh the tears and the snarls and the dirty looks! I have been a perfect motherly role model today, though. Really, this one is for the books. I only laughed once when she was angry and yelling at me because I interrupted her. I told her not to wear underwear anymore because it causes such wedgie-rific problems when she sits down in her carseat. I ignored her accusations of me not listening to her. AND I never yelled. Not one peep. Maybe I should write a book on dealing with a sleep-deprived 5 year-old-drama queen (oh, excuse me, princess). By the way, right now she's lying (or is it laying? Cari, can you explain the difference to me, please?) on the floor next to me saying she can't walk and I need to carry her to the bathroom. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm SO grateful it's bedtime. But the real point to this story is how truly funny she is...
We were at Target tonight, the happiest place on earth in my opinion, discussing the difference between artificial and real Christmas trees. When talking about why some people like to buy artificial trees she says to me (talking about the trees for sale at Target), "They call it fiction. And if it's real, it's non-fiction. All these trees are fiction." She really can be such a dear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
To lie down is a reflexive verb, like acostarse. You can lie (yourself) down. To lay down is not reflexive, like acostar. "Lay down your weapons!" You lay something or someone else down. So you were correct in your usage. My high school English teacher gave me a much more gauche rule, which I'll not repeat here :)
BTW, you are, by all indications, a perfect mother. However, everything you describe here already happens in my house with my own sassy, saucy. I was hoping it would end by the time she's five. So now I'm not a little chagrined to read about Lilly's, ahem, behavior. Grr. Good thing our little princesses (NOT queens...they'd be so offended) are cute and smart.
And, sister, you posted this three hours ago and no one has commented? What's going on here?!?!
Gracias Hermana. I knew I could count on you. Now I'm going to go lie myself down and go to sleep.
Post a Comment