Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things that go bump in the night

Abe the mischevious



May I take a moment to talk about Abe. He confounds us lately. Tonight I go in to check on him before I go to bed and as I walk down the hall I step in a big soaking wet puddle on the carpet. It ain't water. I go and check his clothes while he's sleeping and they're completely dry and yet I know he just peed on the ground. I begin to clean up the puddle and notice sprays and a smaller puddle and I grow in annoyance. You want to know why I'm annoyed???? It's because Abe's been peeing everywhere lately! For example, just a couple of nights ago Kelly and I hear Abe's grunts and moans which means he's awake and needs something, usually the bathroom but he's too out of it to get there himself. So Kelly goes and checks on him and sees Abe buck naked standing in the middle of his room with the light on just going to the bathroom as he twists to and fro. Kelly rushes him to the bathroom where he finishes and while I clean him up Kelly cleans up the carpet (aka Abe's new toilet). We get him back in bed with new pajamas cause we can't find the old ones. Where are they? Are they wet? We don't know. It's a mystery. A while later Kelly goes into the loft and lo and behold there are the missing pajamas. So, that means that Abe woke up, had to go to the bathroom so he went to the loft, took of his pajamas, walked right past the bathroom on into his room and peed...all over...the floor.
It's the case of the sleep walking pee monster. When will he strike again? We don't know but we've got carpet cleaner handy just in case...
To be continued. Probably. Unfortunately.

3 comments:

Cyd said...

I'm sorry! That's a nightmare!

Brittany said...

My Jake use to do the exact same thing!
He sleep walks still, but always manages to make it to the bathroom now. However the pee doesn't always make it into the toilet. :)
Hopefully this nightmare doesn't last long.

Adri and Kaleb said...

Oh Quinney I love the way you write. It's so raw and funny. It makes me feel like maybe my blog has hope if I can just write what I'm really thinking. haha!