Some favorite past quotes from the archives by my DD
(that's darling daughter in case you're not in the know)
-After Lilly learned that her ballet outfit that she wore the day before was still dirty and hadn't been washed she was very upet with me and this is what she said in her prayer at lunch that day, "...Please bless the prophets that they won't be sad when I'm mad at someone." Hint hint. 8/7/07
-Lilly wanted Kelly to stay in her room and sleep on the floor next to her bed one night. While he was laying on the flooor, she leaned over and sweetly said, "Dad, do you need a pillow for your big head?"
-Lilly got herself ready for bed and she came out with a bandaid on the middle of her forehead and I asked what the bandaid was for and she said, "My head wasn't working well so I put a bandaid on it so it will work well." 3/29/07
-Lilly saw some teenagers at the mall one day dressed in what's popular today: skinny jeans, long shaggy hair (boys and girls), dark colors and some had chains on and she said, loudly, "Look, pirates!" 2/12/07
-I was brushing Lily's hair and she said, "You're pretty momma," I said thank you and gave her a hug and a kiss. I thought it was such a sweet thing to say and then she said, "I'm not going to say I'm prettier than you." I paused and asked, "Do you think you're prettier than me?" She said no but not very convincingly. I explained that one person doesn't have to be prettier than another. Each person can be pretty in their own way. Lilly's response was, "Oh, I didn't know that!" 10/13/07
-I was brushing Lily's hair and she said, "You're pretty momma," I said thank you and gave her a hug and a kiss. I thought it was such a sweet thing to say and then she said, "I'm not going to say I'm prettier than you." I paused and asked, "Do you think you're prettier than me?" She said no but not very convincingly. I explained that one person doesn't have to be prettier than another. Each person can be pretty in their own way. Lilly's response was, "Oh, I didn't know that!" 10/13/07
-"I like shows (TV shows) so much that I have this feeling that I'd like to watch them all day and all night." 10/23/07
-Lilly whispered this to me tonight as I was putting her to bed, "It's hard to sleep without you." I melted. 4/21/08




1 comment:
Lily is darling and a very kind little girl. I was so glad/proud Gage had chosen her to have a little crush on. :) I hope she's had a fabulous week celebrating!
Post a Comment