Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hello pot, meet kettle

Christmas is a very special time of year around our house. Oh no no no, not for the reasons you're thinking. It's because we finally have a way to bribe/scare Abe into being good. We all know Santa doesn't bring presents to naughty boys and girls, right? Well, this is definitely on his mind a lot right now as evidenced by the following dramatic situation which occurred this very night.






I was in my room getting ready for bed while the three kids were supposedly getting ready for bed in their wing of the house. Suddenly I heard a cry of pain. I ran to see/fix the problem and Oliver had a very tight hold of Lilly's lovely locks. He's got quite a grip for such a little thing. As she sobbed in pain, and I'm sure exhaustion from a long day, I pried his tiny fingers open and untangled her hair. All four of us sat in the hallway as I tried to soothe the still distraught Lilly and simultaneously convince a terribly two year old toddler that hair pulling is a no no. "Look how she's crying, Oliver. You can't pull hair! It hurts people!" All of my attempts to convey the importance of being soft fell on deaf ears. But then when all was silent except for a few lingering sobs, I heard Abe's words of wisdom whispered to Oliver:






"Well, I guess you're not getting any presents."



1 comment:

Cari Banning said...

Chapin's response to the post: "That's mean."