Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving tradition

For the last three years my little family has begun a new Thanksgiving tradition which I find most enjoyable. We go out to dinner at Claim Jumper and enjoy a hearty feast with no stressful preparation or annoying cleanup. It is a delight and this year we got to share it with my mom (a.k.a. Grandy). I truly am thankful each year that I don't have to cook or clean or prepare anything! I think people feel sorry for me when they find out we don't spend the holiday in the "traditional" sense but the joke is on them because I love it! And to top it off, this year I had the foresight to purchase a pumpkin pie to have at home for a late night dessert and breakfast the next morning. Hooray!


Here is the family dressed in their holiday finery.

I just wanted to throw in an extra picture of the little darling.





Us girls must stick together, I always say.




Another tradition we have started is to have an "ugly face contest." This was Oliver's best attempt. Poor boy still doesn't understand the rules.



Not looking too good there, missy. You might be the winner!




Oh boy Abe. You're a real contender this round!





Oh wow! Extreme close up!




I decided not to participate this time as I seem to always have the ugliest faces. What's up with that?







I have to say that the only downer this time was that our table wasn't ready when we arrived at the specified time. Don't they know that we're hungry and you don't want to see me when I'm hungry!!

So while we waited we had some friendly games of rock, paper, scissors.








We tried to hit up a few shops in close proximity to the restaurant, but sadly they were already closed by the time we finished dining.




BUT, we did get a head start on taking Christmas pictures! Hooray!









Then we went home and waiting til the sickly stuffed feeling had passed and gorged ourselves on more pumpkin pie. I lied about not preparing anything, I did make homemade whipped cream.




All in all, it was a very successful and lovely day. Til next year Claim Jumper!