Thursday, November 3, 2011

the reasons why I ate my weight in bite sized candy

Have you ever seen a garden gnome with a pink pacifier?? It's really Oliver. He's pretty cute.


Abe was the Hulk and Lilly was a zombie doctor. A few days before Halloween, we took the kiddies to the trunk or treat at the church. We made sure Oliver had his bucket ready so he could score some candy for his parents. And boy, we were not disappointed.


The Saturday before the big holiday, we took the kids to Springs Preserve, this outdoor desert garden place, where we'd never been before and although we couldn't see anything cause it was dark and we didn't know where to go for the candy we finally got into the groove and had a nice time. Anything for more candy.












I think Kelly got confused. He went in to smooch the bride of Frankenstein cause she and I look so similar first thing in the morning.







We took a haunted hayride that was super spooky and full of zombies and a headless horseman
and it was a good time.



Then the BIG day finally arrived. Lilly decided to be a princess while at school for the costume parade. Just before I took this picture she gave me the snootiest look cause I couldn't find her during the parade. She was NOT HAPPY.
Remind me never to let her down again.



That night the kids got ready to go over to our friend's house for some chili and trick or treating. They live in a great neighborhood where the people are RICH or pretend to be but either way they're really cool cause a lot of them give out full sized candy. You can't beat that.



I've never seen the kids with so much energy as they ran from house to house to fill their buckets. It was a most successful evening.



















3 comments:

EleanorPotter said...

ADORABLE, Quinne! I love that Lilly was a zombie as well as a princess. Well rounded. You guys look like you're having a lot of fun these days.
xoxo!

Rachel McEwen said...

I wonder where that neighborhood is?

Kandice said...

That last picture of Abe and Oliver in the wagon is so CUTE! And I can't get over Lily's scary/crazy zombie face. so funny