Sunday, August 1, 2010

New month, new week, new day

I have a severe disorder called I-often-find-my-life-out-of-balance-and-feel-overwhelmed-and-so-I-don't-do-anything-and-sit-around-paralyzed-until-I've-eaten-all-the-food-in-the-house-and-I-feel-like-I-want-to-throw-up-but-I-don't-I-just-give-myself-a-pep-talk-and-say-the-line-that-Scarlett-said-when-Rhett-finally-left-her-and-think-that-tomorrow-is-another-day-and-I'm-making-goals-and-since-I-have-to-be-accountable-to-someone-I-choose-to-be-accountable-to-the-whole-wide-world.
It's a heavy burden that I bare. In short, here are my goals for this week.
1. Exercise 5 x
2. Eat healthy (not just low-fat, I'm talking some serious whole foods going on here) everyday except I get one free meal and one free dessert.
3. Pray daily. On my knees. Okay, twice daily.
4. Severely limit kids' TV watching.
5. Work on improving the cleanliness and functionality of my home everyday. Choose at least one part (large or small, depending on time restraints) to completely de-clutter, clean and organize. Yuck!
6. Make sure that the dishes are loaded, sink is clean, table is wiped off and counters are sparkling before bed. No exceptions!
7. Enjoy my children! Play with them , include them in what I need to do around the house.
There you go. My list for this week. I'll report back next Sunday.

3 comments:

Cari Banning said...

C2 says, "Happy Birthday to you!" He's on my lap.

I say--Go sister! I have very similar goals. They're good ones.

Cyd said...

I love knowing for some reason that I could save myself the hassle of writing down my goals for the week and just print out yours. I'm with you on this!

Kiesel Klan said...

I will join you in all your goals because those are all the things I need to work on.