Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Almost four


Tomorrow is Abe's birthday, but his party was last Saturday. It was a simple little affair with only a few friends and not really planned in the way of activities, crafts etc... I like to remember Abe's birthday party as the white trash version of a Star Wars meets army guy meets super hero extravaganza. Nevertheless, I think Abe had fun. He's never had a party before so we really want to start on a low so anything slightly better than this year will be really cool.

The original plan was to have the sprinklers on and water balloons, but we had a wonderfully cool morning so we got out the "bouncy castle" and the kids really liked that. I had bought some spray bottles that can do more of a fine mist instead of a squirt-you-in-the-eye-and-now-you're-crying kind of a spray. That was also a good thing, as Martha would say, as the kids had a great time spraying Kelly and Abe's Grandpa and Grandma, who were in town for the weekend.

Abe got some really great "boy" toys from his friends. He's finally discovering the world of transformers.

And the grand finale was decorating and eating cupcakes.


We love this boy so much! He's got such a sensitive little heart. Today at Target (where else would I be?) I watched as he looked at Oliver, who was asleep in his carseat, and he gently turned his little cheek so he could give Ollie a kiss. So sweet! I'm glad I get to see those sides of him, too. Happy birthday, my boy!







No comments: