Monday, July 19, 2010

Why they love me

On rare occasions I ask my beloved (that would be Kelly) to give me a reason why he loves me. Although this doesn't occur frequently, I've asked enough times throughout our marriage that I feel like he should have an answer ready. Alas, he does not...and he pauses...and hesitates...and then, because I'm giving him the evil eye he says something lame like, "Cause you make good food!?!?" Really folks, that's all he comes up with and even then I know he's lying cause, frankly, I'm not that great of a cook and he doesn't seem to like it when we're having frozen pizza or pancakes for the third night in a row. Anyway, I digress...
So today I gave Abe some M&M's. He looked at them greedily but before he could attack, I put my hand over the chocolate goodies and said, "First, you have to tell me you love me." He complied. "Why do you love me?" I asked. "Because you give me M&M's," he said plainly.
Like father like son.




1 comment:

Cari Banning said...

You set yourself up, sister.