Sunday, August 8, 2010

Accountability report

Well, kind of...in a nut shell...I did really great on my goals...on some days. The exercising was no problem. The eating healthy was great. I felt so good all week and didn't even really miss the sweets and snacks. (If you don't count today) The limited TV was so eye-opening for me cause guess what, the kids found other things to do. I use the TV so often as a crutch and the kids didn't really even miss it. I totally gave up on this on Thursday, though, cause that's the morning that I do my long run and I'm pretty much incapacitated for the rest of the day. I'm trying to not feel any guilt about it, though.
And then there's the cleaning and organizing...I started the week out great. I was an organizing machine and cleaning fanatic...and then I became neurotic Quinne who nobody likes and everybody is afraid of (or of whom everyone is afraid if you want to be all proper about it). Abe kept asking me why I was so mad all the time. Lilly would disappear when I'd start to complain about how messy the house is and all I ever do is clean it ALL DAY LONG. I knew I has gone over to the dark side when I almost sent Kelly a very angry text in regards to the spot of jam he let harden on my sparkling countertops! So instead, I just gave up and succumbed to the frustration that so many women feel about trying to balance children and housework and the exercising and the desire to have a little fun, too. Oh well, I'll start over tomorrow.
The prayer thing was good, too. To be honest, and since this is my blog I do feel free to share my own opinions, I really can't stand it when people say that they had a bad day and then they realized it's because they forgot to pray. Uh...in the good ole days (pre children) I was a praying fool and had plenty of crappy days. That's just my two cents. NEVERTHELESS, I whole-heartedly endorse prayer and even though I don't really talk about things of a spiritual nature here, I really do feel that making more of an effort to offer regular sincere prayers this week allowed me to feel more in tune with the Spirit. And FYI, I had a lousy wednesday, thursday and friday. But still, some things that I have been thinking about a lot lately (and I'll probably write more about later), became clearer and even more important to me this week.
And since the TV was off a lot more that usual, I really enjoyed interacting with the kids more. They're such fascinating little creatures and really getting down and playing with them had been such a positive experience for me.
So the goals for this next week are much the same:
1. Exercise 5x
2. Eat healthy. One free meal and dessert
3. Continue to keep TV off (except on thursday) and interact with children more.
4. Make a "TO DO" list for each day for chores and the like and just get stuff done. It sucks, but whatever. Heaven knows Kelly's not going to do it. (har har)
5. Keep trying to incorporate more spiritual stuff in daily life. Like, maybe do your visiting teaching.
6. Blog more!

1 comment:

Rich and Nickie said...

I swear you steal every thought from my head and then form it into words for your own personal blog use! I have the same exact goals. I have done well for the most part until someone shoves dessert in my face (which is every family BBQ,ward campout, enrichment etc etc etc..so pretty much everyday). But I will slowly develop the strength to say no...in the meantime I will work toward these goals that are exactly the same as yours. Keep up the good work so you can be my motivator!