Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Waking the sleeping beast

I've often referred to Abe as a beast, and now I know where he gets it from. Me. Last night my beauty sleep, which I am in desperate need of, was interrupted 10,000 times by all three children. Abe came in at 1 a.m. to have me put his blanket back on him. I did and growled, "Stay in bed." Oliver woke up at 1:30 (unusual for him except for the last two nights) and stayed. awake. until. 4 a.m. "Go to sleep," I hissed. Kelly came home from work right as I was falling back to sleep. Grumble, grumble. 5:30 a.m. Abe comes in again. "Can you fix my blanket?" Argh. "Don't wake me up again!" I snarled. Finally sleep! until Lilly comes in at 7. "When are you getting up?" "Ten more minutes," I pleaded. She comes back at 7:30 and asks the same question. NEVER! I want to scream, but by then the baby is awake and I crawl out of bed.
I feel like a beast today. A very sleepy one so BEWARE!

{Abe lovingly placed spiderman bandaid on a scratch on Finn's forehead}
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cyd said...

That is an adorable picture. BTW, I will be sure to avoid you today. ;)

Cari Banning said...

Right there with ya, sister.
Right there with ya.

"couper" is my word this time. Don't like.

Ashby Family said...

you were only growling? Hope you made it through the day and get more beauty sleep tonight.

Those eyes are GORGEOUS!