Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The joke's on me

Let me start by saying that I think God has a sense of humor. Let me preface that by saying that it's been a dark and dismal two weeks for me. Kelly worked practically every night and slept til noon. His one night off he went to visit a non-active family, so ya know, it wouldn't be wise for me to complain about that. Abe was sick and waking up too early from coughing. My life just sucked and I told Kelly more than once that he can have the children cause I'm outta here. {Looking back it was such a sincere, if not dramatic, statement but I really don't know how Kelly puts up with all of my theatrics.}
Then, a few nights ago I prayed my guts out that please could Abe just sleep until 7. I just wanted a little extra sleep and the coughing was waking him up before the sun. So what do you know that that morning Abe walked into my room at 7:01. I chuckled. That was a good one and I was oh so grateful. So the next night was that horrible night that I just wrote about and when Abe went back to sleep at 5:30 after I put the blanket back on him, I prayed my guts out again, "Please can I just have a little extra sleep. Like maybe til 7:30?" And that's when I woke up for the day with Oliver at 7:30 sharp.
I still had a bad day though and I cried all throughout the day. I listened to Les Miserables and I cried cause when Jean Valjean dies and Fontine comes to get him it just kind of tears your heart out. And I realized I should probably be on medication. BUT, that night Kelly
didn't have to work {hallelujah!} so he was able to put the big kids to bed and I could focus on el bebe. And guess what? He slept until 7 this morning!!!!!!!!! This is the first time he's slept through the night. So today is fantastic! No more complaining from me today. I just wish I could remember that it always gets better instead of thinking it's the end of the world.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: