Kelly's got the older kids at Lilly's soccer practice and the baby is asleep. I feel no shame in not doing housework even though there's plenty to do. I don't feel like resting. I want to blog and I want to feel like my old self (including some extra poundage). The first week with Oliver has gone by and it's been good. I've only broken down maybe 3 or 4 (okay maybe 6 or 7) times wondering how I'm going to raise 3 children, when am I going to sleep again, will I ever stop wearing maternity clothes, etc... Everyone (Kelly, family and friends) has been wonderful and giving to my little family. It's really made entering this new phase of our lives a little less scary and perhaps even a little do-able.
Lilly loves her little brother and when he cries she likes to break into a very high pitched lullaby. She's good at holding him and doesn't seem too bothered by the attention he's getting from me. She's an old hand at having a baby brother and I think this time the transition will be far easier.

Besides a little more aggression towards me than normal, Abe loves Oliver (although he sometimes calls him Charlie). Here you see him kissing the baby, always two kisses, and he constantly has to be reminded not to lick him. "Nobody likes to be licked," I tell him. Whether that's actually a universal statement is up to the individual, but I have to protect my baby. Abe does have to be watched closely with the baby because there have been occasions where he wacks the baby's head or squeezes his ears or toes or smooshes his cheeks, but I'm sure it's all done out of love.
Lilly loves her little brother and when he cries she likes to break into a very high pitched lullaby. She's good at holding him and doesn't seem too bothered by the attention he's getting from me. She's an old hand at having a baby brother and I think this time the transition will be far easier.
Besides a little more aggression towards me than normal, Abe loves Oliver (although he sometimes calls him Charlie). Here you see him kissing the baby, always two kisses, and he constantly has to be reminded not to lick him. "Nobody likes to be licked," I tell him. Whether that's actually a universal statement is up to the individual, but I have to protect my baby. Abe does have to be watched closely with the baby because there have been occasions where he wacks the baby's head or squeezes his ears or toes or smooshes his cheeks, but I'm sure it's all done out of love.





2 comments:
Let me know if you need more quiet time when your hubby goes back to work. Seeing Lilly with the baby makes me so excited to see how Taylor is as a big sister.
Love the "Charlie" thing. You know, Ruby's imaginary friend is named Charlie...he showed up very soon after Chapin was born. And he's still around. I think. Well, maybe he's over at your house now. Hmm. I'll ask Ruby.
Post a Comment