There are things my kids say or do that I think I'll always remember and then I forget to write them down and then, well, I forget. Today Abe created "traffic" along the stair railing in the loft with his cars and animals. And then later today, while Kelly and Lilly were on a date at the movies and Oliver was asleep, Abe and I had a "popcorn party." These little fiestas were created during my pregnancy so I could rest and the kids were distracted. But today it was definitely a special treat to have kettle corn with my boy while watching the usual Sense and Sensibility. Abe even tried to teach me how to eat the popcorn just like him (popping it in his mouth and saying "mmmm...") but try as I might he said maybe I just have to be older like him before I can do it.
p.s. I forgot to add that earlier today while shopping for a nursing bra, I chased Abe around the lingerie department as he squeezed with both hands the cups on each bra as he cruised by, laughing all the while. He then hugged a mannequin wearing only a bra and panties (hate that word by the way). It's a concern.





3 comments:
That made me laugh about hating the word "panties". I know I could record a lot more of the little day to day things than I do. The little funny things are the important things we'll appreciate the most as we look back.
Oh my gosh... I totally hate the word panties!
I do the same thing... I forget. That's why I really try to write it down, even on a post it note! Because I really want to remember the day to day encounters! They are the things that make me smile!
I'm so proud of you for raising your boy on Sense and Sensibility....
and also for remembering not to forget.
Post a Comment