So as we usher in the fall (is it still considered fall when it's 100 degrees outside?) and all the excitement that goes with it (Halloween, cookies, cooler weather, presents, baked goods, presents, pies, etc...), I regret to inform you that we did not get our house. I had such dreams for this house and all the memories that were all created in my mind's eye are just not to be. There will be another house, perhaps even this one when it goes into forclosure, but Kelly and I are maybe a bit tramatized. We'll recover but we'll gladly accept presents to help us deal with our pain. Obviously our address hasn't changed. (Commence loud sobbing) And because I'm Mormon and must always remember to count my many blessings, I shall name a few:
1. I can stop the tedious task of packing up the last 20% of our household belongings which still linger here and there.
2. I can forget about deep cleaning of house and let it return to it's natural filthy state.
3. Because I like to eat to mask my pain, I shall treat myself to Cafe Rio this weekend. Perhaps tomorrow. Anyone up for it?
4. Kelly and I can postpone the inevitable arguments over paint colors which I fully intend on winning.
5. Because I like to shop to mask my pain, I shall shop till I drop this weekend and use the extra mortgage money that we don't need to support my habit.
6. I got pulled over today for late registration and got off with a warning because Heavenly Father knew I couldn't handle getting a $400 ticket on top of everything else.
7. Because I like to eat to mask my pain (did I already say that?) I might go to Golden Spoon with snickers on top.
Well, onwards and upwards as I always say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
i just had to comment! your last two posts crack me up! i love reading your blog..it always puts a smile on my face. i really am sorry about your house though..it obviously wasnt meant to be and something better is bound to come along!
Sorry about your house. We're probably listing our house next spring and we'd be HAPPY to sell it to you! I'm sure you wouldn't mind waiting that long...
Thanks for your awesome posts. They totally crack me up!
Impressive bit of self-disclosure. It takes insight to acknowledge that the eating and shopping are just maskers rather than healers. The blatant begging for presents is good, too. More people would feel better sooner if they'd just take a page out of your book...er, a post out of your blog?!
Don't worry, sister. A better house will come along. The next one will come with a free cleaning lady who will babysit on the side just because she finds your babies irresistible.
I found your blog from Angela's blog, I think everybody has one now. :) I'm so sorry about your house, Kelly actually told Wade last night at BB. Maybe now you can find a house in our new ward. :)
you are so dang funny even in times of major disappointment. Sorry to hear about the house. I have totally been there. but I wasn't packing yet so again that sucks and I'm sorry
I am so sorry Quinn. Maybe Heavenly father has something much better in store for you. Sometimes things like this happen and the ending blessing down the road makes you think I am so glad that didn't happen even though at the time it is hard. I know you know this but sometimes it is comforting that to hear it again from someone. YUM CAFE RIO and Golden spoon!
Post a Comment