Ode to Sister
Oh! Sister! You are so giving, so loving and so kind.
I received your present in the mail today
and almost lost my mind!
Oh how I love my special gift,
so colorful and red.
I shall wear it everyday
til that day when I am dead.
You are my favorite sister,
that much I know is true.
I hope someday to be
as good a sister as you.
But til that day when I grow up
and joy such presents won't bring,
I'll be content to wear my dear apron
from fall until the spring.
Oh! Sister! You are so giving, so loving and so kind.
I received your present in the mail today
and almost lost my mind!
Oh how I love my special gift,
so colorful and red.
I shall wear it everyday
til that day when I am dead.
You are my favorite sister,
that much I know is true.
I hope someday to be
as good a sister as you.
But til that day when I grow up
and joy such presents won't bring,
I'll be content to wear my dear apron
from fall until the spring.





2 comments:
My dear little sister,
The pleasure’s all mine.
Lately you’ve been through
A pretty mean grind.
So eat a bite o’cake
And a scoop of ice cream.
In no time at all
Life’ll feel like a dream.
I just looked at the photo
And what do I spy?
There's no ice cream at all,
But a piece of yummy pie.
Does that ruin my poem?
Not a bit, not a bite!
Just more to chew on
And more fat to fight!
Aaah!
Post a Comment