Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Where Oh Where Has My Little Girl Gone?

Lilly stuck her tongue out at me today in sheer defiance. Even though her naughtiness made me laugh she was sent to her room straight away. I do NOT put up with such things! I also overheard her saying to herself (she often talks to herself), "It was so fun. Like, it was so fun." WHAT? Hello 1985! Like where'd she get that from? She also keeps referring to her rear end as her butt. My mother taught me never to say such a word and I've passed that on to Lilly. I like bum better anyway. It's just a little more lady-like. Then while in the car snacking on some red vines she says "Look mom" and she then proceeds to puff on it like it's a cigarette. Well, great. Even though I remember doing that with pretzels as a youth, she's just FIVE! She then says "I'm drinking coffee, too!" Okay, well I guess we need to do a little review of the Word of Wisdom. Pa-lease! She also was talking about her cousin's friend as his "girlfriend" and then informed me that she had a "boyfriend." My head started spinning but before I passed out I asked her what a boyfriend is and she plainly stated that it's a friend that's a boy. THAT I can handle. However, it was just too much for one day. So I definitely took the time to adore her little face tonight as I put her to bed. Too many days and nights go by when I don't take the time to enjoy looking at her big beautiful eyes that seem to change color, her little nose, chapped lips from the dry weather, soft cheeks (which I kissed over and over again and she even asked for more!) and just the sweetness of her. It's good to be reminded that these little ones grow up so quickly!



p.s. I just had so much to say that I wrote another post below. Don't you feel lucky?!?!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alisa said...

She totally looks like Kelly there. Don't worry she usually looks a lot like you. She is such a funny girl!

Kiesel Klan said...

k ethan too speaks of coffee all the time. I have no idea where he even learned about it. and he also with a red vine to be exact did the smoking thing too. I was totally shoked. At least it's good to know it's not just my kid

Brittany said...

I swear a lot of it's from starting Kindergarten... Gage comes home everyday with new words, songs, stories, etc. Lets just say they are not always pleasant! The other day he showed me a picture of a cow he had colored. Above the cow he wrote the word poop and below the cow he drew it!