Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The birthday (Part Two)

Sunday morning was Lilly's actual birthday and she came downstairs to a decorated family room. (She told me to do this, too.)

I made her a new little dress to wear to church on her birthday.
Some favorite gifts included goggles, which must be worn upside down, I suppose.

The pink high heels were a hit and continue to be worn everywhere and with everything. I have to remind her that these are for DRESS UP. She loves them.




And we got her the cutest bike I've ever seen (besides my pink cruiser). Now the two of us can ride around town in style.


We love this little girl who's not quite so little anymore (at least in age). She is kind and thoughtful and I've enjoyed having her as my daughter more than I can say. It's exciting to watch her grow and continue to develop into her own person, complete with eye rolls and know-it-all attitude. She's wonderful and we love her.









2 comments:

Cyd said...

I studied Lilly's dress when she was here the other day. I'm so impressed! I wondered if you had made it. You and your sewing machine seem to be good friends these days. Good for you!

Cari Banning said...

Since you won't let us come visit any time this summer...do you think we'll be able to come to her baptism NEXT summer???? I'm putting my request in now so you can clear your calendar.