By the time Lilly got home from school today I had just sat down and was in need of some alone time, but since the boys were both asleep Lilly asked if she and I could do something together and suggested looking at my jewelry. I really just wanted to do nothing, but thank goodness for motherly guilt because it got me up and moving. We went into my room and I dug out all of my jewelry and rediscovered many beloved pieces from my mother, grandmother and great grandmother. So many things that hold memories like the antique cherry amber necklace that Kelly surprised me with one Christmas and which broke the day Abe was blessed (fortunately I recovered all the pieces). I put on the jewelry that I wore when I got married. Lilly wore my pearls my mom gave me for high school graduation and a beautiful sparkly stoned necklace and clip-on earring set from my great grandmother. I showed her the white gold and diamond earrings that Granny was given by a boyfriend way back when. She loves to play in my abundant collection of vintage bangels from antique stores and garage sales. But more than that it was just spending time with her that was so rewarding. She's such a wonderful little girl who loves to DO what little girls DO. I keep thinking that she and I need to build a strong foundation before she reaches those years that every child dreams of reaching and yet are a parents worst nightmare. Are these moments for her so she can remember that I love her above all else when I ground her because I'm freaked out that she likes a boy or are they for me so that I remember I love her when she rolls her eyes at me and tells me I'm so mean and that so and so's mom let's her do something or other. Either way, I've been really enjoying my children lately. What a blessing because I was close to checking myself into rehab just to get a break and a chance to talk about my feelings several times a day.
I really do love looking at the little faces of my children.
{p.s. I told Lilly to beat it so I could write this post.}




No comments:
Post a Comment