Well. It happened. I knew it would, although I was hoping this time would be different. Yesterday I received my first "implied" commentary on the size of my belly vs. how far along I am. It was from my neighbor. You might remember her from this. Anyway, this is the conversation after not seeing her for some time and then stopping by for a visit while on a walk:
Neighbor: How far along are you? (After a nonchalant glance at my stomach)
Me: Um...I'm only 15 1/2 weeks. ( I say somewhat apologetically but hoping by adding the 1/2 it sounds better.)
Neighbor: Wow! (Another glance down at my belly)
Me: Yeah, um...I hear the more kids you have the sooner you sort of pop out. (She only has one kid so what does she know?)
Neighbor: Oh really?
Me: Yep.
[Awkward...awkward...awkward...She's judging me. I don't like to be judged. Part of me wants to cry and part of me wants to hit her.]
It's begun and in all fairness, something has happened to my belly in the last few days and so I really do look like I'm 5 months pregnant, but I realize that that's just how my body is. I don't get a cute little baby bump or even a nicely rounded basketball. I just kind of become...big. And I'm not fishing for compliments, I'm just really coming to an acceptance of me and what will become my big belly. For example, with Abe I was 7 months and everyone was asking when I was due blah blah blah. So I've decided to make up some T-shirts for me to wear with sayings on them to kind of put off the guess work. These are some of the ones I came up with this morning around 4:30...
1. I'm not due yet, so don't ask.
2. I'm actually 12 months pregnant
3. What are you staring at, fattie?
4. Yep, I'm having triplets
I thought of some really mean ones, but my parents read this, so I'll try to behave myself.
Hugs and kisses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Bahhahahahahahahahahaha! Love, love, LOVE the T-shirts...could you email me off-blog and tell me some of the other ones? I need something to laugh about when *I'm* up at 4:30 am with no excuses at all.
Yes! Make the T-shirts! Love it! Especially the first two!
If you decide to have some of those T-shirts made, make a couple of extra for me!
What's funny is when I saw you on Friday I honestly thought to my self that you didn't look very pregnant yet. I do like the shirt idea though.
You look GREAT!!! There is nothing more beautiful than a pregnant woman (including the belly). The shirt idea is AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see what you do. Enjoy your day!
Nikki K.
Post a Comment