Why is it that right when things start to get a little easier with a child, they make a shift or enter a new phase and all chaos breaks loose yet again? Today marks the end of a glorious era with Abe. Dearest Abe who loves his bed and who would sit in his bed for quite a while and rub the sheets in between his fingers or toes while enjoying his fally (a.k.a. pacifier) whilst I shower or put on make up or just get a needed break. The glorious crib that would contain my child without being cruel like a cage. I could kiss that crib I've loved it so much. But alas, the time has come for Abe to have a big boy bed for as much as I love the crib, I love my son more and would like all his bones to stay in tact (i.e. stop falling out of the crib). How shall I manage? I don't know. I only hope that some day in the future I'll be able to take a shower without a little boy tapping on the door waiting for me to come out. Either that or not knowing where he is and rushing to get out of the shower with hopefully all the shampoo rinsed out so I can make sure he's not climbing the shelves in the pantry or dunking his hand in the toilet. Ahhhh, life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
This is definitely one of those REALLY hard transitions. Have fun!
Or you can do what we did for Chase and get a crib tent. I was not ready to give up on my sleep or free time quite yet.
i am totally withyou sister. Gavin was the best sleeper and so easy to put to bed. But he too was trying to dive out and had to be moved. Oh how I miss the days of ease.
Post a Comment