Thursday, January 8, 2009

My Brother, My Enemy

I'm the youngest of four children and was/am tortured by my brother just older than me. I had such an emotionally upsetting conversation with him the other day that I had to share in order to heal. Let me preface this by saying that this certain brother, we'll call him K, is the kind of brother who when he would pick me up or drop me off at church he wouldn't stop his car. He would just slow down to a roll and I was excepted to hop in or out. This is the same brother who would come in my room and 6 in the morning playing his trombone. He also, up until this past Christmas, would lock me in the closet every Christmas morning. By the way, this is a picture of him...

Here's a quick preface to the phone call in question: I call my sister to see how my niece's birthday party went. A man answered the phone, I assumed it was my brother-in-law who had a birthday just two days earlier. I say, "Hey R, happy belated birthday."

K (who I think is R) says, "It's about time you called."

Q: I did call. Didn't you get my... K!!! (I finally got it)

K: You're an idiot. You don't even recognize your own brother's voice!

Q: I hate you!! (because I'm 12)

K: You're a retard (because he's 12) Why are you calling me?

Q: I'm calling to talk to C.

K: You called me. S (his wife) isn't here so who did you want to talk to?

[ I double check the phone to make sure I really did call my sister's house, which I did]

Q: I didn't call you. I called C.

K: No you didn't

Q: (I give up and really really wish I had hung up long ago) I'll call her later. (I hang up the phone)


I called Kelly to relay my awful experience and he didn't really get it and maybe you won't either, but it really was tramatic. My brother really gets to me everytime I have to talk to him. Sheesh! When is he gonna grow up?

3 comments:

Cari Banning said...

LOL LOL LOL I can't stop laughing :D :D :D :D

Cari Banning said...

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(snort!)

I'm still laughing!

charrette said...

Ummm...believe it or not I was one of those evil older siblings who purportedly shoved the younger ones out of the car without coming to a full stop.

Hilariously disturbing post. Best part of all? That you're both 12. So funny!