Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm Average!!!!

I ran a half marathon on Saturday and this is the unfortunate picture my dad took. I think he did a good job capturing the exact feeling of my mind and body after the race, so that attests to his skills with the camera.
My time was 2:04:39 to be precise. In my age group I was #76 out of 150. For my gender (female) I was #289 out of 605 and overall I was #590 out of 1033. So, gee whiz, I never thought it would feel so good to be average!* {As a side note average also means: ordinary, passable, fair, so-so, tolerable, unexceptional, mediocre and garden-variety. I'm not saying I'm that way, I'm just saying that is what the thesaurus says.} Now you may detect some sarcasm (and if you can't then maybe something's wrong with you) but I am really quite happy with my time and I'm glad I did it.
I'd like to thank my faithful supporters: Dad, Cari, Ruby and Lilly. It really means a lot to me that you came. Where was Kelly, you ask? Oh, he didn't want to come. Well, maybe he was sick and couldn't be there. You decide.
Hugs and Kisses!
* This is just my attempt at being humorous. Whether it comes off that way I know not. This is in no way a true commentary on people who finish first or last or anywhere in between when running a race. Running a race of any length is hard and all I wanted to do when I finished was curl up in a ball and cry. In fact, I did cry and then I ate Cafe Rio.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I love that Lily is stroking your hand in the picture! Congrats on a great race! Way to go!