Thursday, December 18, 2008

Does Anybody Care?

So, I pretty much could have died yesterday. Thanks to my family who DIDN'T call to see if my little family and I were snug as bugs in rugs at home or if we had plowed into a snow bank freezing and shaking and perishing for want of warmth? Thanks. Thanks a lot. I think I see big fat return labels on all your presents. Let THAT be a lesson to you. And now (since you asked) here is my story:

Every once in a while I'll wake up with a feeling that a trip to Cafe Rio or Anthropologie is imperative. It just so happened that earlier this week when I awoke, let's say on Monday, it was made known to me that a visit to both Cafe Rio and Anthropologie were necessary. It had to be Wednesday. Wednesday Kelly would be home. Wednesday I could have time. Without the children. Alone. FREEDOM!!!! And then Wednesday came along with that blasted snow. Courage. I must have courage. The fear of driving in the snow plagues me even though I've long since lived in Utah (thank goodness!). Yet here I was and I had to make a choice. Well, I'm nothing if not very brave and I took on the challenge, drove to Anthropologie where I scored this treasure for only $3.95! Because who doesn't need a hedgehog candle? I was meant to bring him home. Courage...courage and faith (And if you can tell me what movie that's from I'll give you a dollar)

I enjoyed my grilled chicken salad with extra pico de gallo on the side and my 3/4 cup full diet dr. pepper and 1/4 cup full diet coke with two straws knowing that I was alive and it felt good. Could life get better?

Then we built a snowman who is now decapitated.


And this is the view from my front door this morning. Notice the slushy streets, family dear. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves.


THE END

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alisa said...

I am proud to say that I called to check up on you. Yes i am a true friend, but someone who goes to Cafe Rio and doesn't as a certain person is not!(totally kidding because i had my 3 crazy kids with me).

Dale said...

That hedgehog looks about three feet tall. Do you put it on the night stand overlooking Lilly or Abe? That would be enough to scare away wild animals lurking in the snow. Do the eyes light up in the dark when you light it?

And as for the snow, of course I thought of you and yours (probably Abe's first snow). But, I also thought that if I were to call today, it would SURELY have been after your extended conversations with your mother and sister and you would be tired of talking about it.

GP

Cari Banning said...

Hm. Funny how Dad hides behind the women in the family...

I thought of you, too, sister. But it was raining here, so I was busy watching it start to soften the drought. No offense. I knew you were tough enough to make it through.