Monday, August 24, 2009

First Grade

It really isn't fair to have your first born start first grade when you're 8 months pregnant. I grabbed my sunglasses for coverage as we walked Lilly into school. She's so confident and excited and although she claims she's a little shy, I didn't see any of that this morning.

Lilly in her first day of school outfit.





I might have started getting a pit in my stomach on the way to school. I might have had to put on my sunglasses for a moment indoors when we dropped her off in her classroom. I might have also noticed that sunglasses don't cover an ugly quivering lip and chin and was able to regain my composure. I might have hit Kelly in the shoulder when we got outside and he kept telling me it was okay to let it all out now...and I did. But only for a few minutes. And although sometimes I wish time would speed up and grant me a little more freedom, I don't really mean it. It's going to be a great thing to have her in school all day, but I'll miss our time together. Big changes happening in our home now. Onto another chapter in our lives.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Cari Banning said...

aaaaawwwwwww, sister!

Cyd said...

She looks so cute on her first day! I was happy to hear that Taylor had her to eat lunch with and play with at recess. I was nervous for her because she didn't have anyone in her class that she knew all ready and she claims the shyness card as well.

Mom said...

Yes, Lilly will experience most of the firsts in your family... and she seems to be ready to move right along. What a doll she is in her new dress.