Monday, August 24, 2009

A Tradition

We started a little tradition in our home of getting the kids a few new school clothes and letting them open up their bags the night before school starts. It's always an exciting thing to get presents, and last night the kids seemed particularly happy. It only helped that we had beautiful stormy weather and Vivaldi playing in the background while Kelly grilled us some steaks. It was such a nice evening.


I had such fun picking out dresses and cute things for Lilly. She seemed to like all her new things only her new pink converse high tops weren't sparkly and there wasn't anything with a horse or unicorn on it. She tried to be very diplomatic about it when she expressed her dismay. I, on the other hand, was ready to take back everything I bought her when Kelly stepped in and talked to her about gratitude. I tried to be very diplomatic later that evening when I promised her I wasn't going to buy her anything for a VERY long time and if she wants anything she'll have to earn it. It was all done with a smile and I think we're on the same page now.

Abe was just a delight to watch. He loved opening up his bag and seeing several new shirts to wear to preschool, which starts next monday. After ripping off the tags, he tried on his new clothes starting with a spiderman shirt. I think it was his favorite. And you just can't go wrong with tractors.

The kids played outside in the cool breezy air til it was dark, then off to get baths and Kelly gave Lilly a blessing to begin the new school year. It really was a lovely day.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mom said...

The kids look so cute & happy!