Sunday, July 19, 2009

Something I Learned From Lilly



Lilly's a smart little stinker and sometimes Kelly and I are unsure of where she gets all of her information. Often in the car she'll come up with word games for all of us to play. Yesterday was one such occasion and the game was she would tell us three words and we would have to figure out which one didn't belong. Sounds simple enough, but I kept answering my questions wrong and here's why:
Lilly: Your three words are purse, curse and terse. Which one doesn't belong?
Quinne: Um...terse (now here I knew that terse is actually a word, but a word that Lilly wouldn't know so that's why I guessed it)
Lilly: No
Quinne: Okay, well, purse (just a random guess cause I don't know where she's going with this)
Lilly: That's right.
Quinne: Why is purse right?
Lilly: The other two aren't real words.
Quinne: Curse is a real word. (Again, I know terse is a word, but I didn't want to completely throw her off)
Lilly: (Silent for a while) Well, I'm spelling it a different way. The other curse is a real word.

I should have known.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cari Banning said...

I can't stop laughing!

Cyd said...

That is cute and funny.