Yesterday was Lilly's birthday. The day began in our messy living room decorated with banners and streamers and the only two ballooms we could find.

Soon, there were presents. There were only 3 that were hidden and had to be found including a unicorn that needed to be taken to Build-a-Bear for a little stuffing and an outfit. She was thrilled. Lilly had no problem letting us know that she wished she had more presents than just 3. I wanted to tell her that I would happily take them back and give them to a grateful child, but remembering my own childhood greediness, I kept silent.
Soon, there were presents. There were only 3 that were hidden and had to be found including a unicorn that needed to be taken to Build-a-Bear for a little stuffing and an outfit. She was thrilled. Lilly had no problem letting us know that she wished she had more presents than just 3. I wanted to tell her that I would happily take them back and give them to a grateful child, but remembering my own childhood greediness, I kept silent.
And the biggest surprise for our girl was her first trip to the theater to see The Lion King. In a new little outfit, Lilly hopped into the fun car (Kelly's car of course) along with me and Kelly and off we went. I think that quite possibly the most wonderful thing in the world is seeing Lilly's face and eyes light up when she's excited. It was a joy to see her so happy at the show. I hope she always remembers this birthday. There was no party and not many presents, but we wanted her to know how much we love her and are thankful for her and how, to us, there's no better little girl in the whole world.





3 comments:
Happy Birthday to Lilly! I'm sure going to the theater with just her parents made for a very memorable birthday for sure!
Happy Birthday Lilly! I love the picture of her and the unicorn... priceless! Sounds like she had a fun filled day!
It sounds like a wonderful birthday. Special to celbrate with her family to build a bear and the Lion King. Wow. By the way I love the picture below of your little Knight.He such a cute knight!
Post a Comment