Sunday, June 21, 2009

Overheard and Questions Asked

I've heard some funny things coming from my kids the last couple of days and wanted to share.
1. Lilly and Abe went into their bathroom so Lilly could go potty. As she went I heard her say, "Oh! It feels so good to get this out!"

2. Lilly had come up with a list of names for our new baby and as an equal opportunist, I asked Abe the same questions. Here's our conversation:
Q: Abe, are we having a boy or a girl? (I'm thinking it wasn't that long ago that my boy and my new baby were hanging out together in the clouds so I was hoping for some truth here)
A: A girl.
Q: (That's what I think so maybe we're on to something) What should we name her?
A: (He thinks for a minute) Chicken nuggets.
He's clearly not ready for this yet.

3. In my house, we don't call poop poop, we call it boujie. The full name is actually boujie na na but it can also be shortened to just bouj. I've never been clear on the spelling but we have terms for bodily functions that have been passed down from my mom and maybe someday will be so popular they'll make it onto wikepedia. Anyway, Abe's been asking lately if he can eat certain things like the cereal box or a toy car. But, yesterday he asked me this: Mom, can I eat my boujie? This frightened me because he's the kind of kid that would try such a disgusting thing and because when he asked if he could eat the cereal box and the car I told him to go ahead and try. Now, he asks me all the time if he can eat his boujie and I look at him and he's got a smile on his face and a glimmer in his eyes. He knows exactly what he's saying but I'm still scared nonetheless.

3 comments:

Cyd said...

One of the rewards of having kids is definitely the free entertainment. Love it!

Cari Banning said...

We spell it "bouzhie" in my house.

And I can see my boy asking me if he could eat it. He likes to stick his hands in it already.

Rachel McEwen said...

Oh that is so gross:) but don't put it past him, my nephew did one time.....yuck!!!