Monday, March 2, 2009

Saturday Adventure

Isn't it interesting that, to wives, repeatedly asking your husband for something is the equivalant to the husband's definition of nagging? Whatever. As long as I get what I want he can call it whatever he likes and I did get what I want on Saturday- a day with the family in search of treasure and adventures unknown. It was Kelly's idea. And it was a good one. But...

...the day began like this (above picture) and I'm, truth be known, a glass-half-empty kind of person (I prefer to say I'm realistic) and so I had my concerns, but the boy perked up and off we went.


We drove and drove and parked and hiked and I had an unfortunate experience with a toilet that's actually just a hole in the ground. Too. tramatic. to. write. about. We drove some more all the way to Overton and Logandale and Lilly squealed with delight at all the horses and I squealed with delight in seeing green lawns! and old homes! and wide open spaces! I was delighted at such a discovery.



We stopped and ate a grease-soaked lunch at a little diner and enjoyed ice cream cones at the appropriately named Scoops. What fun we were having and we hadn't even arrived at our destination yet!



I'm so pretty. I took this glamour shot after realizing that we had already taken 10,000 pictures of the kids or Kelly and the kids and I wanted my turn. There is actually a reason why I stay out of photos.

Anyway, after our luncheon we drove to the Valley of Fire and enjoyed a couple of hikes. Lilly kept saying she was an expert climber and she really is pretty good. Both children loved the hiking and except for the times that a certain member of my family would climb up cliffs and stand on the edge and then return to take daughter up said cliff to stand on edge and I had to remind certain member of my family that if something happened to him he had the keys to the car in his pocket and I didn't want to have to pull them out of his lifeless body, I had a lot of fun, too.



So, it took the whole day and the kids were so well behaved and it was beautiful and perfect weather! We hope to be out having lots of adventures during the next couple of months so stay tuned for our next installement.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cyd said...

A "certain family member" in my family pulls similar stunts. Nerve-racking for sure. Glad you guys had such a great family adventure!

Angela said...

What are you talking about? You look great in that picture! =)Really