So, after Abe kept falling out of his crib, we took the side off and attached one of those side railing things for regular beds. It worked great for a while. Then, a few days ago, Abe started coming out of his bed whenever he wanted whether it was during my shower so he could repeatedly open the door to say hi or even at 4 in the morning. My life. turned. upside. down. I realize it's all inevitable. Someday I'm going to have to let Abe be free. But not yet. I bought a cage, I mean tent, for the crib and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I know it's a little weird, but I thought better a crib tent than a mother who's pulled out all her hair in frustration and can't sleep because she's worried her son is wandering about aimlessly during the middle of the night. Is there ever a way to really win as a mother?

Anyway, this morning when he woke up and was yelling for me to come get him, I took a few minutes to stretch and relax before I faced the beast. I can tell it's already going to be a better day.
Anyway, this morning when he woke up and was yelling for me to come get him, I took a few minutes to stretch and relax before I faced the beast. I can tell it's already going to be a better day.





7 comments:
I'm with you, we need our sleep. It does feel a little wierd caging them up at night but what can you do? Our other option was locking him in his room, this is much better. :)
yeah, Noah started diving out of his crib when he was like 14 months and we switched it to a toddler bed... it was a very dark time for me. the day the child can no longer be contained, anywhere. so i feel your pain. we eventually had to turn his doorknob around and lock him in. it works at least, but just another thing for him to discuss with his therapist.
I am so glad you can sleep soundly again! A good nights sleep makes all the difference in the world!:)
BTW the picture of Lily is priceless! Made me laugh!
I wonder if every kid goes through this stage. My kids sure did, they got too big for the crib and climbed out all the time in the middle of the night or wouldn't stay in bed when I put them down. I remember being frustrated with this as well. I didn't even know they made tents like that.
It's nice to know there are solutions to this stage other than the constant craziness and no sleep for anyone.
Good move. If I could go back to putting Mason in a cage I would. He did so well for about a month in his big boy bed but now my life is spinning out of control because the boy will not sleep EVER! Then he get's so mad because he's tired...a HELLO then SLEEP darn it.
Post a Comment