{Disclaimer: I understand that I come across in a very unfeeling, uncaring way. But as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind towards Valentine's Day at any given moment. In fact, today I love it! I'm over the moon for it! So, don't judge me}
I confess that I don't really care about Valentine's Day. I always told my friends that if a boy asked me to marry him on Valentine's Day I'd have to say no because he obviously didn't know me at all. So I haven't really done anything to get ready for tomorrow and then I look at all these people's blogs that I stalk and they're so clever and cute and really go out of their way to let their loved ones know that they're loved and it just really annoys me. I mean, I make my family dinner, isn't that enough? I also wipe noses and bottoms 365 days a year. I sing them songs every night (which may or may not be a punishment). I mean, I wouldn't do those things if I didn't love them. I interrupt this post because I have been put in my place. While writing this I get a knock on the door and to my surprise Kelly has had flowers delivered to me and Lilly and I am yet again reminded at what a hard-hearted, cynical woman I am. Because as much as I don't care about Valentine's Day, it sure is nice to have someone thinking about you. Heaven help my family. I think, though, that it's a fun holiday for the kiddies and Lilly was very excited to have a party at school today. She wanted to make her own cards and so last night we cut out hearts and taped suckers to them. Lilly decorated them with stickers and she wrote "I love you" on all of them. Now that kid has got a sweet heart.





2 comments:
I don't think I realized just how crusty you can be...(or should I say crispy? That's Ruby's word.)
SOOOO cute! And no worries, you aren't the only person that hates valentine's day...I don't really hate it, I just don't acknowledge it....those feelings were solidified last night as we saw people waiting over two hours to eat dinner at the claim jumper on valentine's...is it really worth it? I know i am loved and I know who loves me...you want to make me happy, do the dishes, don't buy me a stuffed animal!
Post a Comment