Yesterday Lilly and I were driving in the car and she asked me why some people have small tummies and some people have big tummies. I gave a very "love everybody because we're all children of God" answer and said that people come in all shapes and sizes and that includes how tall we are and whether or not our tummies are big or small and things like that. Then she said the most wonderful thing I've ever heard. She said, "You, me, Abe and daddy all have small tummies." I almost cried at the beauty of that one little sentence. Bless that child!
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Tummies
Yesterday Lilly and I were driving in the car and she asked me why some people have small tummies and some people have big tummies. I gave a very "love everybody because we're all children of God" answer and said that people come in all shapes and sizes and that includes how tall we are and whether or not our tummies are big or small and things like that. Then she said the most wonderful thing I've ever heard. She said, "You, me, Abe and daddy all have small tummies." I almost cried at the beauty of that one little sentence. Bless that child!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Quinne you are such a cute Mom, I am sure your little girl thinks you are the most beautiful Mommy. I just love this age with kids they adore their parents so much. I wonder how much I will miss this stage when my little ones grow into wonderful teens. Hee hee hee
I guess I'll keep my tummy hidden from her...
you are so funny. and you know it's the truth. that's the coolest part of all. cause we all know kids are brutally honest.
I hope my kids have the same response towards my tummy when they start wondering those things! =)
Maybe she just notices all of the pregnant ladies in our ward!
Post a Comment