Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Love of His Life

This time of year it's kind of a toss up as to what the real love of Kelly's life is: football or this Infinity something or other. The other day he comes home driving this silvery sleak four wheeled goodness and there is a look in his eyes that I haven't seen since before we got married and I was still playing hard to get. Oh the longing! I share in the excitement and even take the car (excuse me, sports car) for a drive around the block. I only almost stalled 2 or 3 times (it was a stick shift). I'm a little rusty because my right hand is usually not used for actual driving of a car but handing out snacks and sippy cups instead. So anyway...


...as my dear sweet hubby pulls out of the driveway back to the dealership I lovingly scream some important things,
"You better not come back with this thing!
We're buying a house in a week!
Our kids need money to go to college!
Why do I have to drive a mini van and you get a fancy car?!?
But...

...if there's one thing my hubby is, he's sensible (with and especially without my "reminders"). And so he came back looking quite dejected in his piece of junk car that smells funny. But at least he came back to the real loves of his life. Besides football, of course.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cari Banning said...

Buy. It. Buy. It. Buy! It!