Sunday, December 5, 2010

Toot! Toot!

Saturday we went to ride the Santa Train in Boulder City. The kids had been looking forward to this for a very long time. That morning when I got back from a run Abe told me his tummy was hurting and didn't feel like eating. The dreaded stomach flu, I feared. Not the day of the Santa Train! Well, we took our chances, grabbed a plastic bag for the train ride and a bowl for the car and off we went. Five minutes to the depot Abe puked in the bowl, which scored me a high five from Kelly for being so smart to bring it in the first place. I took it in stride and just kind of smiled cause, you know, being a mother is a reward in itself. Anyway, I cleaned Abe up, who was feeling better, mostly anyway, and we pulled into the station. The barf bowl was placed underneath the car and we threatened the children to tell no one what had just occurred (we were planning on seeing several families we knew there) and told Abe not to touch anyone. We hopped on the train and all was well. All 3 kids had a lot of fun.











And what do ya know but Santa and Mrs. Claus came to say hello to the children. I really liked Mrs. Claus, although Oliver not so much.




Old St. Nick told me to hurry cause he had so many kids to see. He lost points with me there.



But it was a nice little family outing with no more troubled tummies.
















2 comments:

Cyd said...

Ha! I'll let you know if IT comes our way. BTW, I would have done the same thing.

EleanorPotter said...

Wow, Quinne. You look super, super, SUPER pretty! Your whole family is shamelessly good-looking, but you're the bell of the ball, my sweet.