Yesterday I ran a half marathon in Mesquite. It was my second time running a half, and I was hoping to beat my time of 2:04, but instead I came in at 2:09 and slightly disappointed. However, I've never been so happy to finish a run in my life. The wind was horrible, my knee was killing me and my feet had had it. I blame my time on the wind. Even though I'm not a huge fan of running half marathons, I feel like I need to keep running them until I get a sub 2 time and then I'll stop because I think that's as good as I'm gonna get.
(me, Emily and Jessica)
We're missing our other running pal, Lindsay, in this picture, but the four of us got up bright and early yesterday morning and drove to Mesquite. It was actually kind of fun and the temperature outside was perfect. Then the wind started picking up, the race started a half an hour late and it just started going downhill (not literally speaking) from there. My knee started hurting really early on but I'm thankful the real pain didn't take over until the last couple of miles. I liked the course and would do it again for sure if I can be guaranteed no wind. Wouldn't that be nice? The first 7 miles had some decent hills but nothing worse than what we have here and they didn't last long. Then the last 6 miles were downhill or flat and that was nice except the wind kept getting worse in the last half. Have I mentioned the wind?
Anyway, glad it's over and now I have another lovely medal to add to my little collection. Now for the marathon...




2 comments:
Isn't it a good feeling when you cross the finish line and it's all over? Way to go! I hear that course is awesome. Hopefully next time you run it there will be no wind. I hate running in wind. Btw you look great!
Oh, my gosh, you're so FAST!!!
Yikes!
Post a Comment