Thursday, November 18, 2010

The latest do

This post is really about Lilly with a little Abe on the side.
Darling Lilly grew her hair out really long. (Let's forget about the fact that I was just too lazy to ever take her to get her hair cut) It grew so long, in fact, that it became increasingly difficult to comb. There would be complaints, groans, screeches of pain as I struggled to get the knots out every morning. Poor Lilly didn't like it either. I had had enough but every mention/threat of cutting her hair off produced sobs. Until, one day, I had a plan. I told her about Locks of Love and while she wasn't immediately sold on the idea, it grew to be something she couldn't wait to do. Finally, I took her in yesterday after school to cut her hair and she was thrilled.One last glimpse of her with long hair.
Abe with his embarrassingly wild mane.


THE AFTER


Lilly pronounced after her hair was done that she loves helping people. And I think she really loves her new look, too, as evidenced by her inability to remove herself from looking in a mirror. She was excited to go to school today and show it off. Doesn't she look cute?!







2 comments:

Alisa said...

She looks adorable! When we cute Sammy's hair she looked in the mirror all day long.

Cyd said...

That's sweet! You should be so proud as a mom that she has such desires to help others that way. She's still as cute as ever!