Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another recipe

Some people have shown interest in a pasta salad I made so I thought I'd post it here in case there were others who'd like the recipe as well. I got it from a blog called Kath eats real food found here. I don't know why she calls herself Kath, but she's got a lot of good info on super healthy eating.

Feta & Veggie Pasta Salad
4 oz. whole wheat penne
1 med. cucumber, chopped
1 small/medium zucchini, chopped and seared in a skillet
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (I used these beautiful little heirloom tomatoes cause the thought of canned tomatoes in a pasta salad sounds gross)
15 chopped olives
8 oz. block of fat-free feta
Dressing:
2 tsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 heaping tsp. sun-dried tomatoes in oil
juice of half small lemon
1 tsp. honey
oregano
pinch of salt and pepper
makes 3 servings about 330 calories each
*I, of course, bought all the ingredients from Trader Joes which just happens to be one of my favorite places on the planet (and yes, I don't get out much). Obviously they are also available at other grocery stores.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted this recipe... I've been meaning to ask you for it! Can't wait to make it... it sounds delish! Thx!

Meshan said...

Yay! The recipe! I already bought the ingredients and I'm going to make it this weekend. Now about about that phone #? :-)))