If I wasn't such a goody goody (and by that I mean too scared to get in trouble if I did something wrong), I would have taken up drinking mass amounts of alcohol years ago. Just a litttle something to numb the pain. And then I remember that mothers of teenagers say that these are the easy years. Maybe I'll save my first serious act of rebellion for a few years from now when Lilly wants to date a boy and Abe goes to juvy. Surely then I wouldn't be criticized for living in a drunken stupor. I tell Kelly I'm just going to head straight for the hard stuff, like vodka or whiskey in a pretty flask. I think he thinks I'd stick with fruity wine coolers. I'm really so much cooler than that, though.
And yet the funny part of it all is that really my bad days just stem from myself and my distractions and not from my children. Sure, Abe spit in my face today at Marshalls and Lilly ignores me EVERY time I ask her to do something, but generally speaking they're good kids. Oliver's a real gem and I'm for sure gonna keep him. He likes to shower me with open mouth kisses ALL DAY LONG. I often forget, though, that in the grand scheme of things, it's really for a short time that I can't always go shopping when I want, or go to the grocery store by myself, or even visit the bathroom in peace and quiet. Nevertheless, it's hard. Today's been hard. Yesterday's been hard. We all have days like that, though, and I don't see any of you boozing it up. If you start, though, give me a call.
(Please don't tell my bishop cause I'm not really being serious...Or am I?)




5 comments:
Quinne...you never fail to make me laugh. Especially because you touch on every emotion I feel daily and make light of it. What a great post!
You crack me up! It scares me when people say these are the easy years. Really?
Seriously name the bar, I will be there in a heartbeat.
You are FREAKIN' HILARIOUS!!!!! I love reading your blog. You should write a book.
Hahahaha!!! I've often had these same thoughts! I'm sad we're not in the same ward anymore!:-(
Post a Comment