I'm detoxing.
I'm learning to once again live without color. We just returned from a quick trip to California where I saw rows upon rows of fully grown deliciously green trees of different shapes and sizes and beautiful gardens with reds and pinks and blues. Homes had real grass for front lawns and I even sat in the front of my dad's house (you can cause it's not rocks that'll hurt your bum) and enjoyed the glorious sky in all of it's cumulus wonder. When we returned to our brown abyss Kelly pointed out all the colors he saw, like red. I asked him where the red is and he said there was a stop sign back down the street. I'm in mourning.
I'm detoxing...
from sugar. The amounts of articifial ingredients I have inhaled over the last week or so has caused Oliver to not sleep well, me to breathe heavily while hoisting myself up stairs, and generally I think I stink. It's weird what sugar by the tablespoon can do to a gal. I'm over it. I hope.
My whole family is also in need of some serious detoxing. Our house needs to be cleaned, organized, and made more functional for our needs. We need to be detoxed from TV. Especially my children. It's bad. Whole foods and grains and quality meats must be purchased and used. I must detox from making things out of a package. It doesn't work for us in the long run, especially one of my children who shall remain nameless is (I believe) adversely affected by such foods and needs my help.
I need to make chore charts
I need to buy groceries
I need to exercise (first on the list cause it makes me feel the best)
I need to download new music
I need to get better sleep (sorry Oliver, some crying is in store for you)
I need to wake up earlier and not rely on TV to watch my kids for me
I need some good healthy recipes. Got any?
I need a back massage
I need to know how to discipline my children
I need to get off the computer
bye




4 comments:
Sister. You're funny. And you're right. I'm in the same boat.
Read this book (it's awesome and will help. I promise): Discipline for Life: Getting it Right with Children, by Madelyn Swift. She's brilliant, uses herself as an example, deals with the relationship between discipline and self esteem. This book is especially for disciplining children between 1 and 5. But it'll definitely work with Lilly, too. She teaches the principles behind the techniques. I swear she knows what she's talking about.
Here are two websites of organizations that I'm investigating because I've had so many of my friends whose parenting I admire tell me that these two places and philosophies really have made a dramatic difference in their family's lives.
http://www.cnvep.org/new/english/home.html
http://www.teach-through-love.com/index.html
We'll talk.
Good luck with all your detoxing! I know exactly how you feel... All I can say is it's a good thing my in-laws are coming to town so my house can finally get the cleaning it deserves! Hopefully we won't get rained out tomorrow.
We just back from Utah and my "to do" list looks very familiar.
Quinne,
I miss you! Your blog is so candid and hilarious; it totally makes my day to read it. You are awesome! Tell your sweet family we say "hi."
Post a Comment