Sunday, September 13, 2009

Giving In

One of my parenting philosophies is to let my kids choose their own clothes when they're willing and able. I try not to intervene although I have tried to pursuade them in certain directions...sometimes. I even let Abe wear Lilly's glass slippers to Target the other day and had a good laugh looking at my little boy clickety clacking down the aisles. But today I had to say something. He loves his spiderman socks and wanted to wear them even with his sandals to church. "Abe" I said, "Don't you know you're committing fashion suicide!?!?" It made me think of poor returned missionaries and Provo and just all thoughts were unpleasant. He wasn't to be pursuaded otherwise and instead of enduring a meltdown, he wore the socks with sandals. And as I have learned, my boy doesn't like to follow rules, fashion or otherwise.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the bumper looks just darlink, so too the quilt. Are you going to tackle the curtains as well? You have to laugh at the pics. What funny little buzzards you have! Sorry about Graham.