Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Couple of Projects

I was really excited to put together a nursery for the baby because this is the first time we've been able to paint walls and decorate. Not knowing the sex of the baby I picked out some really cute gender neutral bedding from Target online, but when I got ready to order it I noticed it had been discontinued and the only place to get it was from ebay and it was selling for a pretty penny. So I get this lofty idea that I'll just go ahead and make a bumper and buy a crib sheet to go with it. Now, I'm not very good at sewing but for some reason I always think I can just whip these things right up. Not so. But at least it's done and I feel quite good for my accomplishment. The colors are much brighter than shown in the picture and I'm hoping that this cute fabric makes up for the uneven sewing lines.


I was able to also make a quilt with A LOT of help from a friend in the ward. This is my first attempt at quilt making and I learned a lot. The quilt totally doesn't go with the other baby bedding and I probably would have changed a few of the fabric choices if I could have forseen how it would have turned out, but I'm happy about it nontheless. These projects would have taken a more experienced seamtress probably half the time, but I'm so glad they're done. When the nursery is complete I'll post a picture of that too.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Cari Banning said...

So! Cute! Sister!

Cyd said...

That fabric is darling and different. I think it looks good with the quilt.

Brittany said...

I love it! You did a really good job. I like the crib bumper fabric a lot. Now you just need a baby to put in the crib! :)

Rebecca said...

love love love the owls!!! Where did you get that fabric?

EleanorPotter said...

AH!! This quilt is GORGEOUS!!!! Wow. I really love it, Quinnie. The colors are fantastic and it looks so well crafted. My, my, MY.