This weekend my dad drove up from California to visit with our family and run my first 10k with me. The weather for the race was perfect. It was nice and cool and started to sprinkle a little during the first part of the run. I was hoping there wouldn't be too many hills, but the first three miles were uphill just about all the way. The course was out and back and the last part right before you turn around was a very steep incline and although it was only for 1/10th of a mile, I was pretty sure that I was going to die. In fact, I wanted to cry and beg for mercy. Finally I reached the top and turned around and saw the temple right there. I had no idea that's where we were, so that was kind of neat. Anyway, there were still some rolling hills to get through and then it was all downhill for about the last two miles. I was dying and I wasn't sure why I signed up to do it in the first place, but finally it was over and it really was a great experience. My dad was really encouraging and he pushed me to go faster than I normally would have and I finished in 56:37. I'm pretty happy with that. Then my kids got to eat some yummy post race treats and we went home. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Quinne I'm so glad that the race went well... I was secretly cheering for you! Congrats on your first 10k... sounds like you did awesome! It's nice you had your dad to run with! So when do you sign up for your next race? HaHaHa!
Congrats! You ran a great time! I'm glad the weather was good too!
Quinne, you did a great job with the race! I was really happy to be able to run with you on your first 10K race. BTW, the 1/10th of a mile turnaround point seemed like a quarter of a mile-all straight up. It was tuff. I was glad to see that you stuck it out all the way to the finish. I'll always remember that last 25-30 yards. You ran that in an all out sprint, like you would on a college track. Very impressive.
What a great example for the kids to be at the finish line and see their mom finish strong.
Dad
Yeah you are done! Doesn't that mean we get to quit running? :) Your my inspiration, thanks for always getting my butt up to run.Oh Your time was awesome!
I must admit I am very impressed. I've just started running and my little 2 miles almost kills me. So any advice for a beginner I would gladly take it. We love looking at your blog and seeing what your cute family is up to. I can't believe how old Lily looks and little Abe reminds me quit a bit like our Gabe. They can keep life very lively. We are so bummed that we're not going to still be in SoCal when you come out. We will be spending the second half of the summer in Utah. We love and miss your family so much. Keep the blogs coming.
Way to go! What a feat!
Post a Comment