Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The baptism (part two of our weekend series)

Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to get ready for the big event. Most of the family had arrived on Friday, but dad and Bertha came in early Saturday morning. Last minute things were tended to and then we were off to the church.




Our family and friends were all ready at the church by ten, but by 5 after the hour we realized that the member of the bishopric, who was conducting, hadn't arrived yet! It took a half an hour to get a different member of the bishopric to come, but it all worked out find. The program was wonderful. My sister and Kelly's mom gave great talks and Lilly and two of her friends sang "If I Listen With My Heart." They sounded great and I was so proud of Lilly. She couldn't wait to get baptized and finally the time came. When I met her in the changing room and she was soaking wet, she was so happy and said she felt clean. She was excited to get into her new dress and then get confirmed. Everything went smoothly and it is a wonderful memory.


Lunch was served at my house afterwards. There was plenty of pies, cakes, fruit, veggies and Capriotti's sandwiches.



After lunch, the kids went outside to play on our waterslide.


























Lilly received some gifts from family for this special occasion. Kelly and I bought her scriptures. Grandy bought her a hymn book. Grandpa and Grandma Bertha gave her a scripture case, scripture markers and a book on how to mark your scriptures. Grandma Sowell gave her a journal.







(Don't hate me, Kelly)

We are so proud of you, Lilly!



















1 comment:

Rachel McEwen said...

Congratulations Lily!! She looked so beautiful in her white dress:) Kobe gets baptized in August and I am looking forward to it. What a memorable milestone.