Saturday, May 28, 2011

The end of the season

Lilly just finished another season of soccer with Kelly as the coach. The team finished with 5 wins and 4 losses. Every season I get more and more into it so I'm going to have to either tape my mouth shut or just not go. My lowest point this spring was when I kept yelling to the poor little dears on the field, "Don't just stand there! Kick the ball!" It was pretty bad. I'd be running down the sidelines and screaming and it's just such an out of body experience that I don't really get embarrassed by my behavior til the game's over. I'll be better next season...well, at least I'll try to be better.



Lilly's showing a lot of improvement on the field. Sometimes she gets down about her height (or lack of it) and yet she really has been using that to her advantage. She was really aggressive this season and when the teams were all bunched up around the ball, Lilly would stick her little legs in there and get it away from the other team. She's running faster and doing some fancy leg work soccer things. It's been very exciting to watch her and the whole team continue to improve their skills.


After the last game we went over to a teammate's house and had a pool party and Kelly passed out medals to all the girls. It was a great season!





No comments: