Monday, January 4, 2010

Confessions

I cleaned my sink today. As long as I live I will NEVER confess to anyone how long it had been since I'd cleaned it. I would look at it and think, "what kind of person leaves a sink looking like this? A disgusting person." And then I'd turn and look away because it was just to awful to deal with. But now it's clean and maybe, just maybe, I'll stop thinking that I'm the worst housekeeper in the world.
I also cleaned one of the 3 stinking toilets that are in this house. I put on my latex glove and grabbed some clorox wipes and cleaned away and the thought that repeatedly entered my head is how hard is it to point and shoot? There is quite possibly nothing more disgusting than scraping dried up urine off of a toilet. And I don't get PAID for this? Too much information?


And finally, I LOVE this picture with all of my heart. Growing up not getting along with my brother (you know, the gorilla?) I have such hopes that these two will love each other. And if they don't I've decided to make them stand in the front yard hugging each other until they do.

p.s. I've got so many posts coming up it's gonna be wild!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cari Banning said...

Right there with you, sister. On ALL of it.