Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What's going on...

As anyone with multiple children and Christmas around the corner can testify, life is pretty busy nowadays. I've been struggling with Abe. I've found myself in a pool of self-pity not liking my own children (loving them, but not liking them). An awful thing to admit, but as I'm surely not the only one who's felt the same way, I'll write it down. But today, the clouds have parted for a while and I see Lilly for how sweet she is, Abe for how hilarious he is, and Oliver for how happy he is. It's a good feeling. It's a blessing cause just yesterday I thought about running away in hopes of finding sanity and with dreams of a housekeeper. Responsibility kept me home and I'm glad it did, because I feel happier today.
Not to brag but Oliver rolled over twice this morning. He must be an athletic prodigy.
And what am I going to do when Christmas is over? Sometimes the only thing that keeps Abe in bed for a nap or bedtime is telling him that Santa is watching and takes away presents when he doesn't listen to me. It works and I'm not ashamed of my tactics even though supernanny would be horrified. But in 10 days, what am I going to do????
Any ideas?
{pictures of the kids to come soon}

3 comments:

Collette said...

I can relate all too well to your feelings (both kinds). Thanks for putting that out there - makes me feel like I'm normal...ish!!

I have to tell you that every time I talk to my sister she says that I remind her of you. Makes me wish I had stayed around a little longer to get to know you better!

Cari Banning said...

You know, you and CJane and Nie all have the same title to you posts today. Did you all call each other and plan it?

Cyd said...

Funny how just when we are ready to run, we have a good day that I imagine doesn't come on accident.