Sunday, April 3, 2011

back in the game

I've decided to give this whole blogging thing another chance. Let's be honest here, I was way funnier before I had a third child. My children seem to really suck the life out of me and with each new tiny creature I feel my mind slipping a little bit further away into oblivion. But, alas, I have missed this old blog and once again feel the need to write about me, myself, and I. I suppose it's a form of therapy. I already have running that's a therapy for me...and my crossfit class...and vegging out and watching tv is another form of therapy, too. Um...there seems to be a pattern. Ah well, this is cheaper and so I shall attempt to write more often and if there's anyone still out there then you can read it, too.





And for the grandparents who want to hear about the kids, I'll share a story from today. While listening to Elder Scott talk in General Conference today, I was very happy to hear him talking to the fathers/husbands and giving them a good talking to about areas where they could be improving (i.e. instigating family night and prayers and daily scripture reading) and not leaving it up to the mothers. In my totally non self-righteous way I glared at Kelly and pointed at him and laughed cause he just got schooled. Then, my little darling daughter who is the goodest goodie goodie in the whole wide world looked at the two of us, pointed at both of us, and even glared her eyes at us and said, "And I have to keep reminding both of you of what you should be doing." So rude! And yet so true...

6 comments:

Hello. My name is Meshan. said...

AH! Don't you hate it when your kids call you out like that?! Glad you're back in the game.

Alisa said...

I was wondering what happened to your blog. Don't stop. I love reading your entries. They make my day.

Cari Banning said...

It's a good thing we didn't hear any of GC or else I'd be feeling so guilty!

Brittany said...

So glad you're back! :)

EleanorPotter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
EleanorPotter said...

quinne!!!
I just happened to remember the name of your blog after having ZERO contact with you --one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE PEOPLE-- for way too long. Some things I want to say:
1.You're SUCH a great writer.
2.Your birthday is just around the corner.
3.I need to come see you. When can I?
XOXO