Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What do you do?

What do you do when your daughter doesn't want to give you smooches anymore when you drop her off at school?

She tells me she just doesn't do that anymore.

I don't like it.

Not one little bit.

3 comments:

Cari Banning said...

When I was in 6th grade, I went on a field trip to the observatory. Dad was on patrol that day and met me there in the "black and white" with his partner. He tried to kiss me goodbye when he left and I didn't want him to. Well. Let me tell you that when he came home that night we had a little chat--he talked, I listened. He let me know that no matter how old I am, he will always be my Dad and that it will always be appropriate to kiss him goodbye. I remember thinking at the time that that was all well and good for him, but I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

That particular one-on-one talk with Dad has never left me, and, I think, was relationship-changing forever, despite teen and young adult ups and downs. It may have been one of the most important things he ever said to me.

So, sister, don't let her get away with that hooha.

Ashby Family said...

I just read your sisters comment and it took me back to a time in high school when I did the same thing to my dad but my mom was the one who took me aside. I'll never forget that talk either. Also give Lily a week. Alexis didn't want to kiss me a few months ago but after a few days we were back to normal.

Hello. My name is Meshan. said...

I just read your re-cap about your marathon. WOOOOOHOOOOOO! Dang! You are so awesome.. and funny ...and inspiring. Good job!!!